I've always wanted to do a scarecrow and this was my year to do it. I told the kids as we collected pine straw from the yard, "We don't get enough snow here to make snowmen, so every year we are going to make a scarecrow". I had no idea at the time, that our scarecrow would turn in to a family of Alexanders. I think I may have kicked my butt for years to come. How can I do just one next year!? And by then, there will be 5 of us!
Just as fast as things happen, they change again. There aren't many guarantees in life, but a fews things I am certain of. I am happy. I am loved. I am blessed.
Friday, November 19, 2010
We don't get snow, but we have lots of pine straw!
~October 23, 2010~
I've always wanted to do a scarecrow and this was my year to do it. I told the kids as we collected pine straw from the yard, "We don't get enough snow here to make snowmen, so every year we are going to make a scarecrow". I had no idea at the time, that our scarecrow would turn in to a family of Alexanders. I think I may have kicked my butt for years to come. How can I do just one next year!? And by then, there will be 5 of us!
This was the first scarecrow. Thomas was in love. I went in to the house for a sec and came back to find him in "her" lap, chatting with her and kissing her. I was only able to snap a couple of pictures and neither of them showed the affection he was lavishing on "her". This scarecrow ended up being the Mommy, me. I shoved a soccer ball in the overalls to give her more of a sense of me. Otherwise, there is really no resemblance.
Tay thought the kids were so cute. She was mad that I didn't make hers with brown hair, but what can Mommy do? My fingers were already so tired from sewing all the eyes, noses, mouths, etc on to three and I still had to make the Daddy one!
Thomas and Taylor
The Alexander scarecrow family
I've always wanted to do a scarecrow and this was my year to do it. I told the kids as we collected pine straw from the yard, "We don't get enough snow here to make snowmen, so every year we are going to make a scarecrow". I had no idea at the time, that our scarecrow would turn in to a family of Alexanders. I think I may have kicked my butt for years to come. How can I do just one next year!? And by then, there will be 5 of us!