Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our after Thanksgiving tradition

~November 27, 2010~

Every year after Thanksgiving, we deck the halls. Usually, it's the day after, but hubby had to work and I am not allowed to move the furniture this year. So this year, we decked the halls on Saturday. It was a little sad this year because the babies just started a nasty cold. When we started the decorations in the morning, they were so excited and had such fun unwrapping our special ornaments and finding a place for them on the tree. We are so lucky to be able to decorate the entire tree and not worry about the kids pulling things off. However, the special ornaments we order and make every year always have a place at the top of the tree for safe keeping.



By the end of the night, poor Tay had 102 fever and major chills. I bundled her up on the couch and she watched as I finished up the big tree and started the little tree for her room. They have a small tree for their room that used to be mine when I was little. It's been around for 23 years. Wow!



Thomas passed out on the couch around the same time Tay started to feel really bad. Once Tay's motrin kicked in and the fever broke, she mustered up enough energy to finish up her small tree and we took it to her room to light it up. It was beautiful watching her decorate. I can tell these kids are going to be decorating fools like their Mommy when they grow up!